Erlang programming assignment help
In the realm of programming, you will often come across terms such as concurrency programming and parallel programming. What do they mean? Concurrency programming refers to a programming paradigm where two or more processes are running simultaneously. Parallel programming refers to the scenario when two processes are executed on two CPUs. This parallel programming is more on the hardware part.
In this article, we stick to concurrent programming, and we introduce you to Erlang. Probably, you have not heard of it because it’s fairly unknown. There are lots of things that this article will enlighten you about Erlang and how to get Erlang assignment help. If you have any queries, always feel free to contact our Erlang online tutors. They provide you with instant help.
What is Erlang?
Erlang is a high-level programming language that has robust inbuilt support for concurrency, fault-tolerance, and distribution. As a result, it has a lot of applications in fields such as telecommunications. One of its prominent applications is Facebook, where they have to handle concurrent messages.
Origin and history of Erlang
Erlang was launched in 1986 by Joe Armstrong, who was working with Ericson. But prior to that, he was immersed in the process of developing a reliable programming language for the telecom industry five years before. The ability to run multiple processes concurrently was the solution. Initially, he was working on a prolog to add these features, but little did he know that his work would lead to a new high-level programming language. At first, Erlang was a dialect of prolog, but in 1990 it was an independent programming language owned and used for all Ericson projects. Five years later, Ericson released a commercial version of the software. Decades later, it has risen to become one of the reliable internet infrastructures. Recently, bleacher report, a website focused on sports news migrated from ruby to beam. The beam is one of the most commonly used Erlang virtual machines. However, the number of Erlang programmers is not as high as compared to other high-level programming languages. This presents a good market opportunity for those who wish to join this field. It an opportunity that one can gain from, yet it could be a disadvantage at the same time
What are the benefits of Erlang?
Erlang is generally unknown, and for this reason, you might be asking why should you learn to program with Erlang? Here are some of the benefits.
- Simplicity. As compared to other high-level programming languages, Erlang reduces the lines of code that you will need for a particular process. Additionally, it’s a functional programming language.
- Functional programming is one of the simplest programming languages that you can master within no time. Even the most complicated tasks that we have handled before using Erlang can now be accomplished easily by the use of Erlang functions. This concept we have implemented while offering Erlang programming homework help.
- A mature community. If you truly want to know if a programming language will exist even in the future, take a look at its community. For Erlang, the community is small and robust, which explains why it has lasted for that long.
- Concurrency management, perhaps this is one of the features that define it. Additionally, it provides you with easy-to-use functions for this purpose.
Before you begin with the installation process, you have to ensure that you meet some minimum requirements for your system. It should have a minimum RAM size of 2GB and an operating system such as windows, Linux, and Mac. There are no limitations on the storage size, but it should be capable of storing the application files.
- The first step is to download the installer from the Erlang website. From the website, there are different options to choose from that suit different operating systems. Select the appropriate one.
- Launch the downloaded installer on your system once it’s launched click run.
- Follow the proceeding steps by following the next button on the installer. By clicking next, you will be accepting the default installation path, starting menu, and components.
If you have observed the above steps, you can confirm that Erlang is installed in your system by opening your terminal and typing erl. If it’s successfully installed, you should get the Erlang command prompt.
The appropriate ide for Erlang
Erlang can be found in popular ides such as Eclipse and IntelliJ.
The basics of Erlang
Now that you have Erlang in your system, let’s start out with some basic coding. Let’s start by opening the Erlang command prompt using the method suggested above.
The simplest code that you can write is 1 + 1. This could be a good starting point before advancing to other complex programs in this software. Immediately you can opt to exit the command prompt. Simply type q (), and you will exit the command prompt and return to your terminal.
The basic data types
Here we provide you the basic data types in a nutshell.
- Numbers are the common data types you will find in most programming languages which are made up of integers and floats.
- Atoms. They are the equivalent of strings in the other programming languages. They are constants having a name and are normally enclosed with single quotes.
- Boolean. A Boolean expression can either be true or false. They are common in all computer languages.
- Tuples. A tuple is a collection of elements and is not limited to whether the element is an integer or atom. The size of a tuple is the same as the number of its consistent elements. A tuple is enclosed by curly braces.
- Lists. A list is a collection of elements and is very important in Erlang. Lists can constitute all the other elements and are normally enclosed by square brackets. A list can be empty i.e., with no elements. Ahead is defined as the first element in a list, and the tail is the last element.
When can anyone or a company use Erlang?
Use Erlang for your application, if you need the following:-
- If there is a need for handling a large number of concurrent activities in the application
- If you need an application that is fault-tolerant.
- An easily upgradable application that does not require stopping it and restart it.
- If you need a scalable application i.e., that can span across multiple servers at ease
Erlang homework help
Generally, there are lots of reasons why a student cannot complete their homework on time. Some of the reasons include that they are occupied with other pressing matters and, therefore, cannot allocate sufficient time to complete their homework. In other cases, the assignments could generally be hard, such that they cannot do it on their own. In such a case, it would be wise to seek professional help. Let’s take the case of Erlang; not most of the universities in the world have incorporated Erlang in their curriculum. As such, these types of students might find it challenging to find assignment help. Are you still asking, ‘who can do my Erlang assignment?’ We are an online platform that provides students with Erlang project help.
Who are we?
We are an online assistance company whose main goal is to help students with challenging assignments. Our goal is to see you score a high grade, and for this, we charge an affordable price. Our experienced experts provide you with high-quality Erlang assignment solutions that have no traces of plagiarism and are delivered on time. If you contact us, we assure you that you won’t regret your move.